Friday, December 14, 2007

Worst. Day. Ever.

I finally had "one of those days" that I'm always hearing about. You know, the kind your momma always tells you about.

First, let me warn you that this post contain a graphic image that may be difficult for some folks to see (especially grandparents). Let me further clarify that this image is for the good of the public and serve as a warning to other babies approaching the big 2M mark. Let me just say that place your parents take you to with the guy in the white coat is no fun!

Yep, I went to the doctor's office today for my two month check up. Both Mom and Dad went so I knew it was a big deal. First we went into an office waiting area where I hammed it up for the other people who all said how cute I was. Then we went in a small room where a nice lady weighed and measured me (11 lbs, 14 ounces and 22 1/2 inches!!!). Next a guy in a white coat came in and wiggled me around, shined little lights in all my northern orifices, poked my belly, and declared me "perfect".

Just as I was basking in my own perfection, thinking how wonderful I am, an evil lady came in wielding sharp objects. She asked my Dad to hold my hand but he said he couldn't. She asked him to sit down so he wouldn't fall over. As I was contemplating the meaning of that exchange Mom took my hand and stroked my face and then, BAM!!! That lady skewered me. Don't worry, my mom's a lawyer and we got pictures of the whole thing. I plan to sue. The lady did it four times while Dad squirmed and stared at the carpet. Here I am in agony:
Look at all those needles on the table. They are almost as big as me. It was awful. And now I feel terrible. Sure, they put a couple of Snoopy Band Aids on my legs but really, folks, do you think that makes a difference to someone who can barely focus on a Band Aid? This has to be the worst day of all 67 I've been on the outside.

I'll try to be more positive next time, but for today I've got to milk this one.

No comments: