Saturday, October 6, 2007

Almost there

So my mom was at the doctor's office the other day and I overheard the doctor tell her about two or three more weeks. That was after the doctor rudely poked me in the head and said, "Well, that's the head - in position but still a bit high". Duh. That's my job, isn't it? To head south, face down, listen for the screaming, avoid forceps and vacuums, and search for the light? It just took me a while to get my foot out of my mom's ribcage and start the migration...They really don't give me enough credit - it's as if they all think I'm just sitting in here freeloading while my mom does all the work. It's tough to flip around inside a person who grunts at the slightest poke to an organ or nerve then push your way past a bladder and some other funny smelling stuff.

In other news: While we were at the doctor's office I had a little chat with another IU (in utero), as we call ourselves. This chick was torturing her mother by hanging out longer than expected. She told me she was already about 9 pounds and going to hang on another week or so and that maybe we'd see each other on the outside in a couple of weeks. Her theory is that the longer you stay in, the more happy your parents are to see you when you get out. I don't know about that because my mom told me if I went past Halloween I'd be grounded for life, whatever that means. Still, it's getting cramped and boring in here. Making mom pee herself at Home Depot has lost it's charm and she seems to have accepted sleeplessness so that's no fun either. I'm thinking two weeks would be fine with me.

No comments: