Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It's funny....

...I could've sworn my my mom used to have feet.
Just another day hanging out in the womb. It's getting cramped in here. Last night I spent a good hour trying to get my foot out of mom's ribcage. She kept pushing on it as if I have motor skills and could pull my foot out of my own volition. Then dad comes in and starts poking me and speaking in a strange voice. I think he may be "special". I hope I'm not "special" too.

In other news, I heard them talking about names again. I'm all for losing the Lentil Bean handle and am relieved dad is no longer pushing for "Jack Daniel" if I'm a boy. Seriously, that was an option, or so he thought. Mom says it doesn't matter because after dad sees her suffer through pushing me out she can name me anything she wants. And I know they aren't publicizing the names because then people will tell stories about idiots they've known with that name and ruin it for them, but here's what I hear the options are:

If I'm a girl, my first name is pretty much set in stone: Sarah, after my mom's good friend who passed away several years ago. I like that when spelled backward it's "Haras" - something I intend to become expert at. The middle name is still up for grabs. It was originally going to be Sarah Riley McQ, but Riley is the family dog and that would be too much. Dad wants Sarah Abigail McQ, because then they can call me SAM - after my initials. I say why not name me Samantha if you want to call me Sam? Mom wants Sarah Chance McQ, because all of this has happened by chance and she thinks it's a cool middle name - for a boy or girl.

If I'm a boy we've been through a lot of suggestions: Matzo Junior was out pretty early on, so was Buzz and Muncher, then some popular names like Parker and Cole were passed upon. The past two weeks they've been on Tobin as a first name. (I note that they have a lot of Tobin James wine in the house and this is the second booze-related name proffered by dad...). Dad wants Tobin Daniel McQ - as Daniel is a family name. Mom wants Tobin Chance McQ, again on the whimsical "by chance" thing (Could be the hormones and lack of booze on her part).

Any suggestions on how to resolve this? We've got a few weeks left to campaign...

2 comments:

BH said...

I think Annika definitely needs to be in there if it's a girl.

Who me? Biased? Why do you ask?

Buzz said...

So was buzz passed on or my real name???