Wednesday, November 5, 2008

New tastes, smells and skills!!!

A lot has been happening lately. Everything is so big and colorful and interesting. I feel like I'm really beginning to find my place in the world. To think that at this time last year I couldn't even hold my head up is crazy!

For instance, now I'm trying all sorts of new foods. One of my favorites is called crayon. My mom keeps trying to get me to hold it in my hand and hit it on paper, which makes absolutely no sense to me seeing as how crayon is so colorful and chewy. So now I pretend to make marks on the floor with it, then munch the tip off and clamp my mouth shut so my mom can't get it out.:Of course, sometimes I get a little on my face too.

It's funny that my mom thought it was amusing that I marked my own face, because the very next day she marked up my face, dressed me as a skunk, and paraded me around town. I don't know what sort of punishment this was, but while we were parading around we saw lots of other little kids being treated similarly. I guess it happens once a year and is called Halloween.
That's right, I was a skunk. At least no one else was wearing the same costume...
Oh, and to redeem her cake-making skills, my mom carved a pumpkin for me. I think it's better than the cake:
Finally, I decided to get off the floor and start walking:

Yep, I decided to do it right before my dad left for Spain so he wouldn't miss my first steps. Boy was he happy!!!

No comments: