Wednesday, April 16, 2008

On birthdays, siblings and puppies

My dad's had 82 of them, my mom's had 70 of them, and lord knows how many my grandparents have had, but today is my first half-year birthday. The reason I'm smirking is because the other day my daddy came home with a bag of frozen peas in his lap and I was told there would be no more lentil beans in the family. I don't know what the peas have to do with the beans but I was tickled pink at the thought of being an only, spoiled child.

Just when I was feeling so pleased with myself, unable to wipe the smirk off my face (see above), my mom took my dad to pick out a brother for me. Here I am with my new four-legged, drools-more-than-me, tail-wagging brother:

As you can see, I'm not too thrilled about daddy having a new puppy to love. I saw what happened to mom's first child, the dog that once was treated like a queen and now is locked outside while mom plays with me. I wonder if I'll be locked out while mom and dad play with the new addition?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No princess, you won't be locked outside while mom and dad play with the puppy. You are more likely to be locked in your own room while they play with each other, once the frozen vegetables are safe to cook.

BH said...

That much cuteness should not be allowed to intermingle. It could cause a rift in the space/time continuum.