Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My first trail

So my folks are in a "running club" called the Hash House Harriers. It's a group of people that gets together to drink beer and run around various communities. Yeah, it sounded fishy to me too, but I finally went to a "run" this weekend and found out it's not so scary after all.

Here I am looking a bit skeptical in my baby jogger:
Yes, those are Mardi Gras beads. No, I did not earn them the traditional way - and I've been told I never will because my mother has a whole store of them for me. I'm still not sure how she got hers and I'm not asking...but they sure are fun to look at when I get bored.

Once we got going it was pretty fun just cruising around staring at things and listening to the runners blowing whistles, yelling "On On!", and drawing on sidewalks...All activities I look forward to participating in one day. In fact, here I am singing along at the end:
Yes, these people stand around and sing songs after they run around whistling, drinking, shouting, and drawing arrows. How neat is that? This sort of thing makes a lot more sense than Christmas, but that's just me...

After the run and dinner my mom and me went back to our hotel and watched cable tv while dad went on a pub crawl with the runners. He came back early because it was no fun without me and mom. I could've told him that!

In other news, I turn three months old today, which means I can start wearing all my cute 3-6 month old clothes. This jacket, complete with bear ears on the hood, is from Auntie Claire and I just love it!!! Thanks Auntie Claire!!!
Oh, and I heard I'm going to Sacramento with Mom tomorrow to visit Onay and Papa. I can't wait!

3 comments:

MB said...

Princess Awesome!!

Thanks for making it to our Hash last weekend. It was great meeting you!! Tell your mom and dad thanks for coming as well. They were ok too.

BH said...

So sorry I couldn't join you in Folsom. :-( If it makes you feel better, I'm off to freeze my butt off in NYC for the rest of the week. I don't even own snow boots anymore.

BH said...

Princess Awesome, you sure must be busy. We haven't heard from you in ages.